Day One: My plans are underway sooner than expected. Yesterday evening, I stumbled upon the corpse of a hound in the street. The bloodflies had only found it a day or so earlier, I estimate, and I was able to extract intact bloodfly larva from it. I'm keeping them warm under a nice side of mutton.
Day Two: Success! Two of my samples hatched overnight, which was sooner that I could have anticipated. They're both active and get quite agitated when I draw near.
Day Seven: I didn't think it was possible, but they've almost quadrupled in size from when I found them.
Day Ten: Still no nest, which puts a fairly large dent in my hopes for blood amber extraction.